Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I respect my federal government!


I respect my federal government. I trust my federal government a LOT more than I trust the Fortune 500 company I work for. I trust my federal government a LOT more than I trust the global corporations I do business with, like Wells-Fargo, Chase, Bank of America, Disney, GE, Exxon, American Airlines, Shell, BP, Toyota, GM, Walmart, Allstate, Time Warner, Cox Cable, Verizon, AT&T, State Farm, etc.
Global corporations want to pollute the air, ground, and water as much as legally permitted – and more if possible. My federal government wants to clean up the environment.
Global corporations want to lay me off the moment is it profitable to do so. My federal government wants to help me if I'm unemployed and looking for work.
Global health corporations want to increase the cost of medical care and they don't care whether I can afford it or not. My federal government wants to make sure I have access to medical care.
Global corporations pay lobbyists who bribe and corrupt elected officials and government employees, undermining my democracy. My federal government prosecutes a few of those who offer bribes, but I wish they'd work a lot harder on this one. 

1 comment: